Celebrating the holiday can bring extra pounds, as a result of constant eating during this season. The cold weather increases the need for indoor activities and creates the perfect conditions to catch colds, flu and now the spread of COVID-19 and the variants. Here are a few health tips to help you through the holidays and stay well.
- Get plenty of rest. Try to keep your bedtime schedule the same.
- Consume a healthy diet, but it is the holiday season. So I am going to suggest you eat your favorite deserts in moderation.
- Wash your hands prior to consuming any type of food or snack. It sounds elementary but so many people still do not wash their hands prior to eating or drinking.
- Limit your alcohol intake, and drink more water.
- Exercise, and pick an activity that you enjoy. This will enhance your pleasure and commitment.
- Enjoy your family, we are social beings and not meant to be alone. However, if you have elderly family members as part of the celebration, I hope all your family and friends are vaccinated . Remember vaccines are not 100% so social distancing and or wearing a mask maybe appropriate. Happy holidays and stay well!!!!