I have a terrible sweet tooth and once I eat a piece of chocolate it leads me down a path to more. I often tell others its my gate way to eating more, and what people do not realize sugar is so addicting. That is why we have the hardest time staying on a sugarless diet. At one time I had tamed my sweet tooth and was able to give up all sugar.
Researching this topic I found some great ideas to tame my sweet tooth that are worth sharing.
- Have a plan.
- Train yourself to use less sugar. Sometime I just eat one piece of chocolate or one bite of pastry to get me to the next step.
- Make your treats from scratch.
- Make deserts with less sugar: instead of 1 cup of sugar use 1/2.
- Beware of natural sugars, coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, molasses.
- Start your day with a savory breakfast: if you eat something sweet in the morning your day will be consumed with eating more sugar.
- Put less or no sugar in you coffee or tea.
- Eat one bite of desert before committing.
- Watch out for hidden sugar: ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pizza sauce, salad dressing, crackers, granola, chips, pre-packaged food.
- Eat savory snacks: cheese, pickles, olives, tortilla chips, fresh vegetables, nuts. Ch
Check out the articles below for more details about “Taming Your Sweet Tooth” for more information.
E. Kastner (2018). 10 Tips to Tame Your Sweet Tooth, Retrieved from https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/cooking-tips-tutorials/a96875/10-tips-to-tame-your-sweet-tooth/
What is a Sugar Detox? Effects and How to Avoid Sugar. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/sugar-detox-symptoms